[TYPO3-50-general] RFC: Improved Shorthand Syntax for TypoScript

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Wed Oct 21 15:35:32 CEST 2009

Hi Masi,

Am 21.10.2009 um 15:00 schrieb Martin Kutschker:

> Better than Robert's suggestion
>
> {post.title << f:format.crop(maxChars: 30) << f:format.nl2br()}
>
> Which for me suggest to put the content from nl2br() to crop() and
> to assign it to title :)

yes.

I'm fine with the decision for Fluid, maybe we need to rethink the
operator for TypoScript?
We can't use "->" there but maybe we have other options.

What happens is "take the value of the left part, pass it to the
processor on the right and the put it back to the left". So
theoretically it would have to look similar to this:

page = Page
page.title >< 1.wrap("My Site:", "")

looks weird though. Maybe use the pipe here?

page.title | 1.wrap("My Site:", "")

Curious,
robert