[TYPO3-50-general] RFC: Improved Shorthand Syntax

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Tue Oct 20 11:03:40 CEST 2009

Hey everybody,

I've been thinking again over the syntax, and overally, I still like it
very much.

There is just one thing I am not really sure about: Should we use -> or
| for chaining?

I mean, | is known from the command-line, whereas "->" shows that data
is passed around as well, but in PHP, "->" does something totally
different (calling an method on an object)...

So, I am still undecided if | or -> is better. Some comments? :-)

Greets,
Sebastian
PS: In the meantime I implemented the syntax, the patch is attached on
the bugtracker.