[TYPO3-50-general] RFC: Improved Shorthand Syntax

Joerg Schoppet joerg at schoppet.de
Mon Oct 19 20:13:59 CEST 2009

Hi,

Sebastian Kurfürst schrieb:
> Hey everybody,
> Bastian and me discussed the Shorthand Syntax of Fluid again.
>

> I'd propose quite a radical change to this syntax, as outlined in:
> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/show/5033
>

> Please give your input, what you think about this syntax :-)

I'm using TYPO3 4.3 since alpha1 for two websites and also have 6
extbase-based extensions up and running. From the beginning it was
clear, that techniques may and will change.

The "shorthand syntax" is a must for 4.3 as already pointed out.

The proposal looks pretty good to me, especially the chaining-possibilities.

And as already requested, include as much examples as possible (e.g.
accessing array-values, combining xml- and shorthand-syntax, ...).

So, from my side --> go on and implement it ;-)

Joerg