[TYPO3-50-general] Entity inheritance

Abraham Block atblock at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 11:49:25 CET 2009

1) I'm working on a website which allows an organization to create different
types of fundraisers (chinese auctions, raffles, dinners) online. I would
like if in their admin panel they can see all their "events" sorted however
they want, but in one list.
2) Another site I'm working on displays different types of media. Some of
the media is live interactive media, some are just recorded (audio or video)
and some are plain text. Since these can contain vastly different
properties, it sounds like a good candidate for entity inheritance. Again, I
would like to aggregate them and display them in one list.
3) Let's say the different types of users in a system are also inherited
entities (admins, regular users, something else, etc.), and you would like
to display them in a list as well.

I don't think its such a farfetched featured, and its trivial to implement
in an ORM situation.