[TYPO3-50-general] Scalability of FLOW3 and/or the content repository

Wiel, J.A.M. van de j.a.m.v.d.wiel at tue.nl
Wed Nov 4 12:34:14 CET 2009

<snip>
>> In the TYPO3 v4 world there are possibilities to do so (Database
>> Clusters, file replication etc.) but since FLOW3 has a content
>> repository, I wonder if someone already spent some thoughts on this topic.

>Well, we want to make it easy to scale, but we will not implement that
>actual replication, balancing and stuff in PHP. There are a lot of good
>tools for such tasks out there and what we'll try is to make them easy
>to use with FLOW3-based applications.

>What that will be in concrete terms is not yet clear. In fact, if you
>have any input to give, I'd be glad to hear about it!

>Regards,
>Karsten

Hi Karsten,
My impression was that the content repository can make use of a number of storage mechanisms, among which would be relational database products. Wouldn't the scalability/availability issues be solved by 'simply' using a resilient solution for this, like a DB cluster? Or am I painting a too simple picture here?

Bas