[TYPO3-50-general] (Result) Last minute concept fix? Incosistent class naming for domain models ...

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Fri May 29 13:32:31 CEST 2009

Hi Masi,

On 29.05.2009, at 12:54, Martin Kutschker wrote:

> Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:
>>
>> What is your criticism here? Are you opting for having *everything*
>> suffixed for consistency or would you rather not enforce any suffix
>> at all?
>
> I'm a big fan of consistency. So if FLOW3 uses suffixes I would feel
> obliged to suffix my own classes even if they do not match the
> examples
> given in this thread. My reason would be that if models are the only
> classes without a suffix, it's necessary to add a suffix to other
> classes to distinguish them.

I guess that as soon as we have more examples it becomes clear that
suffixes
are not mandatory.

BTW, we came up with two basic rules for naming classes:

- The unqualified class name must be meant literally even without the
namespace.
- The main purpose of namespaces is categorization and ordering

Here are some examples:
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/show/2515

If we haven't already we should add this to the CGL documentation.

Cheers,
robert