[TYPO3-50-general] Last minute concept fix? Incosistent class naming for domain models ...

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Thu May 28 11:59:33 CEST 2009

Hi.

(The postings related to this topic are dropping in faster than I can
follow ;-) )

What are the requirements for a proper structure

1. It shows at a glance the structure of the domain (IMO repositories
and validation belongs to the model because they hold specialized parts
of the buissnes logic of the model)
2. It separates services from the model (IMO services are a separate
concept of accessing the domain from the 'outside', a service can also
reside in the application layer or the infrastructure layer, but a
model can not)
3. It represents the core domain model "blog" as POPO (not being chatty
like "BlogModel")
4. It works for huge models (introducing a sub structure below \Model)
5. It is obvious to a newbie

After thinking and reading my preferred solution is (although it does
not meet the 1st point completely)

\F3
   \Blog
   \Domain
     \Model
       Blog
       BlogOwner
       Post
       Comment
       Tag
     \Repository
       BlogRepository
       PostRepository
     \Validation
       BlogValidator
	PostValidator
     \Service
       BlogService
	SpellCheckingService
	MembershipCertificationService

With some automagic we can also get rid of the empty repository classes.

just my 2ct

Jochen

--
"Every nit picked is a bug fixed"