[TYPO3-50-general] Questions about FLOW3

Nino Martincevic don at zampano.com
Wed Mar 25 19:17:16 CET 2009

Hi Malte!

Malte Jansen schrieb:
> it seems to me, that you didn't get concept of FLOW3 and TYPO3v5.
> The framework itself will not contain the Party-package. The package is
> based on FLOW3 and will be used by TYPO3v5, which is a CMS.
> So the framework is not polluted by that stuff.

But aren't we talking about FLOW3 here?
The subject suggests this.

If we talk about TYPO3v5 here, then please ignore the rest below.

> Having a basic address-implementation won't hurt, it will cover most
> usecases.

Too bad, exactly the Party archetype is the one that actually should be
part of any framework. Because Party is a generic type useful to model
any relationship between objects and is also a domain- and
business-independent type.
Address isn't.

But does that actually answer my little question about how this
implementation might look like?

The examples of "basic" address types I know include almost no
properties and behaviour and basically just marker interfaces.

There's also the still open question: Where you draw the boundary when
implementing such stuff? Will there be basic implementations of Zipcode,
Albums, Covers, HouseholdItems, Animals, Cars ..., too?

So my basic question is:
Why would you want to implement business-dependant and non-generic
(implementable only by specific applications) types into a framework?