[TYPO3-50-general] Fluid: Caching and additionalArguments

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Fri Mar 6 20:27:29 CET 2009

Peter Beernink wrote:

Hi Peter,

> As my message to the news server apperently didn't make it to the mailinglist,
> I resent my e-mail: The attachment has been saved at [1].

I could see your previous message. But uploading screen shots is the
better solution anyways. Attachments are not very welcome in mailing
lists as they produce a lot of traffic.

Re your issue: I could reproduce it and I think, it's a bug.
 From your stack trace I could see that you've created a custom view
class. Probably it extends F3\Fluid\View\TemplateView right?

FLOW3 injects the cache to F3\Fluid\View\TemplateView not to your custom
view.

For now, there are two ways to get around this:

1. Don't use a custom view, but add following field to your controller:
protected $viewObjectName = 'F3\Fluid\View\TemplateView';

2. Add some settings to your Packages Objects.yaml:
F3\Wiki\View\DefaultShow:
   properties:
     syntaxTreeCache:
       object:
         factoryClassName: F3\FLOW3\Cache\Manager
         factoryMethodName: getCache
         arguments:
           1: value: Fluid_SyntaxTreeCache

But obviously that's no ultimate solution. I think, the
object-configuration should be active for derived classes too..

Bastian