[TYPO3-50-general] Need help with Routing

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Mon Mar 2 18:22:14 CET 2009

Hi all,

Am 19.02.2009 um 13:16 schrieb Karsten Dambekalns:

>> Think of FLOW3 as framework for your Web application. You don't
>> want the
>> packages to affect or even override your Routing setup automatically.
>> Furthermore it would be hard to tell in which order local and global
>> Routes would be matched.
>
> But when I configure the routes in the Blog why should I even have to
> care about the routes for the TYPO3CR? Currently those "tool" routes
> would have to be repeated over and over again... (plus I can't get
> them
> to work in the Blog distribution right now).
>
>> On the other hand packages should be able to provide an appropriate
>> Routing setup which can be "copied" somehow into the main Routing
>> configuration.
>
> Or which would be active by default but could be disabled. I don't see
> any reason why I should have routes for /webdav or /typo3cr in my
> code.
> If I needed to have them, I could disable the "global" routes (or
> "move"
> them to another "mount point", like "tools/...").
>
> That would make life easier in like 90% of the cases.

I agree - how can we solve this?

If there's no other way, we'll have to reconsider allowing some kind of
local routes configuration. I find it important that packages can
provide
default (sub) routes for controllers they provide. Thinking of TYPO3, a
frontend plugin should just work with nice URLs without further
configuration -
that's currently in PITA in v4 / RealURL.

Cheers,
robert