[TYPO3-50-general] Flash message API

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Jul 20 13:47:07 CEST 2009

Robert Lemke wrote:

Hi Robert,

>> sounds good to me, however I guess that in the case of v4 it wouldn't be
>> the controller to call the methods on, but rather the template class or
>> a distinct flash message handler.
>
> Hmm, the template class pushes new messages onto the message stack? I think
> that really is the responsibility of the controller. And if so, the pop
> method
> should be located in the same class.

As already said, the alternative (which I also would prefer) is to have
a dedicated flash message stack handler. However, I guess that the
template class would at least be responsible for showing the messages as
every BE module is based on it... Hope this makes it more clear what I
wanted to say.

> Anyway, if it really makes sense, we could extract the whole flash
> messaging
> mechanism into its own class acting as a service. But currently for me it
> seems unnecessary.

Hmm, for better consistency between v4 and v5 it would certainly be nice
to have at least.

all the best
Ingo

--