[TYPO3-50-general] Stable API for Persistence package

Jochen Rau jochen.rau at typoplanet.de
Thu Jul 16 21:02:34 CEST 2009

Hi Karsten

>> 1) The creation of a new Query instance directly handled by the Query
>> Factory. According to the JCR283 this should be a Query Manager. This
>> change would be quite important as it enables the developer to pass a
>> statement without using the Query Object Model. What are your plans?
>
> Well, the QueryFactory is part of FLOW3. The user of FLOW3 never
> directly touches JSR-283. The QueryFactory creates a Query (again
> following a FLOW3 interface), which in turn uses JSR-283 thingies
> (QueryObjectModelFactory fetched through QueryManager).
>
> The query mechanism in FLOW3 is loosely following JSR-283, but seperated
> from it. Thus I see no contradiction and/or problem here. Or don't I get
> your point?

You got it ;-). What do you suggest to set the statement as string like in

Query QueryManager.
     createQuery(String statement, String language)

Using the Query object as wrapper for a string statement is a requested
feature of Extbase.

>> 2) The Query object itself provides methods to ease the handling for
>> devs (such as setOrderings(array $orderings);). Is this part of the API
>> stable yet?
>
> Since I added that after you said you'd need it I'd say yes. :)

;-) I only wanted to be sure about that.

>> 3) Same Question as 2) but with Repositories.
>
> Huh?

I had the Repository.createQuery() in mind. It is not part of the public
interface but will be used quite frequently. Any changes planned?
(Sebastian introduced an argument $useStoragePageId. So any changes in
the signature of this method will make a auto-porter more difficult.)

Regards
Jochen

--
Every nit picked is a bug fixed