[TYPO3-50-general] Stable API for Persistence package

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Thu Jul 16 17:17:26 CEST 2009

Hi Jochen.

On 16.07.2009 10:37 Uhr, Jochen Rau wrote:
> 1) The creation of a new Query instance directly handled by the Query
> Factory. According to the JCR283 this should be a Query Manager. This
> change would be quite important as it enables the developer to pass a
> statement without using the Query Object Model. What are your plans?

Well, the QueryFactory is part of FLOW3. The user of FLOW3 never
directly touches JSR-283. The QueryFactory creates a Query (again
following a FLOW3 interface), which in turn uses JSR-283 thingies
(QueryObjectModelFactory fetched through QueryManager).

The query mechanism in FLOW3 is loosely following JSR-283, but seperated
from it. Thus I see no contradiction and/or problem here. Or don't I get
your point?

Since I added that after you said you'd need it I'd say yes. :)

> 3) Same Question as 2) but with Repositories.

Huh?

Regards,
Karsten