[TYPO3-50-general] extJS Library

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Jan 30 19:34:22 CET 2009

Hi,

i posted following mail to dev-list and forgot to put it to this list
too as v5 also builds the BE with extJS, so would be nice if you take
notice of it and comment in in dev list, thanks!

Here is the original post:

Hi,

now we have extJS in core, and there are projects that want to integrate
things with extJS like list-module, also some enhancements to tceforms etc.

Now there are some problems when building such things:
* extJS is JS, so you have an JS-File with the "application" and then
you need a dynamic part for labels, variables, data-store etc.

If everyone fight alone with such problems, we get a lot of different
solutions without any synergy, everyone has to start from the scratch again.

This was reason i thought about a "common library".
What does it mean? I found a very nice approach wich goes in the right
direction, as we have a php-based application. Please have a look to [1]

Something like that would give us the possibility to build extJS
interfaces with php-base, object orientated, also with possibility to
add/extend/change from other extensions like we do now with php.

What do you think?

vg Steffen

[1] http://php-ext.quimera-solutions.com/