[TYPO3-50-general] Package Organization to gradually increase a Package's functionality

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Tue Jan 27 21:10:22 CET 2009

Hi Thomas!
Thomas Allmer schrieb:
> Nino Martincevic wrote:
>> Thomas Allmer wrote:
>>> I'm currently struggling with a logical problem. Maybe someone could
>>> enlighten me. (hopefully)
>>>
>>> So I have 2 Packages:
>>> DirectoryRepository
>>> GitDirectoryRepository
>>
>> and about 760 more lines.... ;-)
>
> yeah, I'm a little lost here - maybe I'm completely wrong and it should
> be solved in a different way?
>
>> Could you please tell us what are you actually trying to solve? [...]
>
> ok, maybe the name of the packages was a little strange I will try
> another example (and keep it shorter... :p)
>
> Packages "Shop" has 2 different Views "List and Detail for Products"
>
> Package "AdvancedShop" should have the same Features as "Shop" but the
> Class Product should be extended with an additional attribute. (Class
> AdvancedProduct?)
>
> Shop and AdvancedShop should each work on it's own. However if I change
> or add some functionality in Shop I also want to have it in
> AdvancedShop. (I only want to extend the classes I need to) [for small
> changes maybe just one file?)

Basically, you just have two different products (normal and advanced).
So you have the same interface for it. It's just some additional
information for you product or what ever. You only need another view for
the model e.g. a detail-view or an other list-view (just for the entry
in the list). But you need a good design for DirectoryRepository-Model... ;)

For your DirectoryRepository you might need something like a
GitFile-Object extending the File-Object...

Cheers,

Malte