[TYPO3-50-general] Package Organization to gradually increase a Package's functionality

Thomas Allmer at at delusionworld.com
Tue Jan 27 11:05:07 CET 2009

Nino Martincevic wrote:
> Thomas Allmer wrote:
>> I'm currently struggling with a logical problem. Maybe someone could
>> enlighten me. (hopefully)
>>
>> So I have 2 Packages:
>> DirectoryRepository
>> GitDirectoryRepository
>
> and about 760 more lines.... ;-)

yeah, I'm a little lost here - maybe I'm completely wrong and it should
be solved in a different way?

> Could you please tell us what are you actually trying to solve? [...]

ok, maybe the name of the packages was a little strange I will try
another example (and keep it shorter... :p)

Packages "Shop" has 2 different Views "List and Detail for Products"

Package "AdvancedShop" should have the same Features as "Shop" but the
Class Product should be extended with an additional attribute. (Class
AdvancedProduct?)

Shop and AdvancedShop should each work on it's own. However if I change
or add some functionality in Shop I also want to have it in
AdvancedShop. (I only want to extend the classes I need to) [for small
changes maybe just one file?)

> [...]> If not, please explain it again, but only the logical part, please leave
> out the technical/file/controller/package part...:-)

So basically I want to split up to functionality so they can choose what
the want. (use a simple shop, advanced shop, funny shop whatever).

It's more or less a plugin function - I'm not sure how this will work
with TYPO3v5 (will they use "normal" FLOW3 Packages for extending
TYPO3?, so there will hooks and all that stuff?)

Maybe I should just code it all in one package (I mean if the next TYPO3
will be in one FLOW3 package, than that should be enough for me. I was
just wondering as that way would be easier in MY head... :p)

with best regards

PS: thx for reading all this crap - I hope by just writing this all down
the solution will come on it's own... :p