[TYPO3-50-general] Package Manager Details

Thomas Fritz fritztho at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 18:00:46 CET 2009

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your answers!

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Robert Lemke <robert at typo3.org> wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> Am 26.01.2009 um 13:18 schrieb Thomas Fritz:
>
>  I think there will be a commandline tool like the one from pear, right?
>>

> yes - there already is one, but not we're not very far yet:
>
> ./flow3 package create Foo
> ./flow3 package delete Foo
>
> is all it can do currently.

cool, i did not know that!

>  Similiar Features like the pear installer?
>>

> yes
>
>  Will there something like the "channel server" in pear?
>>

> yes. By default it will use the servers provided by the TYPO3 community
> (same mechanism like the TER with mirrors etc.).
>
>  Will it possible to use user-defined "channel servers" or package
>> repositories?
>>

> yes

Multiple Package Repositories will be no problem, i think? (Sorry, i have no
experience with the TER) Default and User-Defined ones?

>  Are there any plans to have some "hooks" in the package
>> installation/update/deletion process? I mean, will it possible to update,
>> for example, a database schema by updating a package (DD/DM)?
>>

> yes.

Yes. Yes, YES!!! Thanks for the Info! Sounds very promising!
Is there a date when you think we will see some of these features
implemented? So we can play little bit with it?

>  On the flow3 Detailed Features Site:
>>

>>>  - Compressed FLOW3 packages are just plain .ZIP files
>>>

>>>  Why not PHAR? Which is part of PHP 5.3?
>>

> We will likely distribute FLOW3 and TYPO3 as PHAR archives but I didn't yet
> consider using PHAR for packages because ... what logic should it contain?
>
> What should happen if you type "php YAML.phar" or "php
> MySpecialLibrary.phar"?
> Maybe you've got some ideas?

Actually, No. ;-)

> Cheers,