[TYPO3-50-general] Package Manager Details

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Mon Jan 26 14:53:22 CET 2009

Hi Tom,

Am 26.01.2009 um 13:18 schrieb Thomas Fritz:

> I think there will be a commandline tool like the one from pear,
> right?

yes - there already is one, but not we're not very far yet:

./flow3 package create Foo
./flow3 package delete Foo

is all it can do currently.

> Similiar Features like the pear installer?

yes

> Will there something like the "channel server" in pear?

yes. By default it will use the servers provided by the TYPO3 community
(same mechanism like the TER with mirrors etc.).

> Will it possible to use user-defined "channel servers" or package
> repositories?

yes

> Are there any plans to have some "hooks" in the package
> installation/update/deletion process? I mean, will it possible to
> update,
> for example, a database schema by updating a package (DD/DM)?

yes.

> On the flow3 Detailed Features Site:
>

>>   - Compressed FLOW3 packages are just plain .ZIP files
>>

> Why not PHAR? Which is part of PHP 5.3?

We will likely distribute FLOW3 and TYPO3 as PHAR archives but I
didn't yet
consider using PHAR for packages because ... what logic should it
contain?

What should happen if you type "php YAML.phar" or "php
MySpecialLibrary.phar"?
Maybe you've got some ideas?

Cheers,
robert