[TYPO3-50-general] Info needed, please report your results...

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Mon Jan 19 11:34:54 CET 2009

Hi Karsten,
Karsten Dambekalns schrieb:
> Hi.
>
> On 16.01.2009 23:10 Uhr, Christoph Blömer wrote:
>> Malte Jansen schrieb:
>>> 1. Creating the file name relativly?
>>> without "C:/Users/MyUser/workspaces/flow3/xampplite/htdocs/"
>>> So it would save ~40-50 or perhaps more by somebody with a longer path.
>
> Doesn't help, as at some point the path will be put together by the OS.
> Bang.
Ok.

>>> 2.
>>> Additional the filename without namespace/path would save some
>>> additional characters: 3 for F3_ + PackageName Length + Component
>>> Length + Additional Subfolders.
>> Yes. Please remove the namespace from the filename. Thats easier to read
>> and to maintain. And it seems the pathlength is also limited.
>> In JAVA you also don't have the namespace included in the filename.
>
> Thats two things. First is the classname-in-filename for our code files.
> That could be debated. Second is the naming of the cache files, and here
> we cannot risk having two "Manager" files for different sources.
>

> Anyway, thanks to everyone who replied. Linux is still about to rule the
> world and we'll simply disable caching for PHP_MAXPATHLEN < 1024. Agreed?
>
> Just kidding. Now that we know about the problem, we'll look into some
> improvements. One thing that will stay as a recommendation: configure
> FLOW3 to use c:/tmp as cache base folder by changing

I have already set my to:
C:\h\Data\Temporary
It has not helped really. I had to reduce some directory names.

What about a check for FLOW3CGL and FLOW3 (while creating the cache) for
the path length for system compability, like
min(PHP_MAXPATHLEN_WIN, PHP_MAXPATHLEN_MAC, PHP_MAXPATHLEN_LINUX) -
len("c:/tmp") - len(something for the cache, like a hash etc) = path
with packagename + shorter filename.

len(htdocs-path) + len("Packages/") <= len("c:/tmp") + len(something
from the cache).

Setting a shorter htdocs-path on windows should not be a problem,
because sharded hosting always uses linux. If you use a windows server
properbly can configure it by your own.

Cheers,

Malte