[TYPO3-50-general] Info needed, please report your results...

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Mon Jan 19 10:50:35 CET 2009

Hi.

On 16.01.2009 23:10 Uhr, Christoph Blömer wrote:
> Malte Jansen schrieb:
>> 1. Creating the file name relativly?
>> without "C:/Users/MyUser/workspaces/flow3/xampplite/htdocs/"
>> So it would save ~40-50 or perhaps more by somebody with a longer path.

Doesn't help, as at some point the path will be put together by the OS.
Bang.

>> 2.
>> Additional the filename without namespace/path would save some
>> additional characters: 3 for F3_ + PackageName Length + Component
>> Length + Additional Subfolders.
> Yes. Please remove the namespace from the filename. Thats easier to read
> and to maintain. And it seems the pathlength is also limited.
> In JAVA you also don't have the namespace included in the filename.

Thats two things. First is the classname-in-filename for our code files.
That could be debated. Second is the naming of the cache files, and here
we cannot risk having two "Manager" files for different sources.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who replied. Linux is still about to rule the
world and we'll simply disable caching for PHP_MAXPATHLEN < 1024. Agreed?

Just kidding. Now that we know about the problem, we'll look into some
improvements. One thing that will stay as a recommendation: configure
FLOW3 to use c:/tmp as cache base folder by changing
  utility: environment: temporaryDirectoryBase
in FLOW3.yaml to a suitable value.

Regards,
Karsten