[TYPO3-50-general] Common namings for variables with path-content

Denyer Ec denyerec at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 15:52:49 CET 2009

I guess my point was that everything that combines 'something' and
'name' would be expected to appear as two terms in camelcase, eg:

directoryName
restaurantName
clientName
etc...

However when it comes to computing terms and computer programmers,
there are exceptions, most noteably "username" and "filename".

So if you were going for absolute consistency you'd expect to see it
as "fileName" (so that it matched all other cases of thingName),
however our familiarity with that term as "filename" over the years
might actually make 100% consistency frustrating!

-------
http://gallery.denyerec.co.uk