[TYPO3-50-general] Common namings for variables with path-content

Denyer Ec denyerec at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 15:19:24 CET 2009

I'm a native English speaker and computer user, to me "filename" seems
perfectly natural.
You could also expect any other programmer to be comfortable with
"filename" as a single word, however this seems to have become a
matter of semantic consistency so regard the following:

Eg:

filename
directoryName

or

fileName
directoryName

If you think about it in other scenarios, if you're referring to the
name of some thing, then you would expect "thingName". In this case,
"filename" is a special exception, so should it be unified or allowed
to exist in its own special case?

Not throwing my vote in for either of them as I know too little of
Flow3 right now to be of use, but just giving you my native english
perspective ;)

Denyer

-------
http://gallery.denyerec.co.uk