[TYPO3-50-general] Question regarding PHPDOC formatting for FLOW3SVN submission

Peter Beernink p.beernink at drecomm.nl
Fri Jan 9 13:40:01 CET 2009

Hi Denyer

On 09-01-2009 Denyer Ec wrote:
> Hi list,
> Was just browsing through the SVN repository trying to get myself
> familiar with how things are laid out, and I just wondered if the
> PHPDoc @version tags are somehow automagically generated from the SVN
> commit info?

They are indeed automagically generated from SVN.
There are some keywords which can be automatically substituted by SVN.
However, you have to define them in the repository, to have them recognized
by SVN.
You can do this with the svn propset command.
For more info on that, have a look at [1].

> For example taken from /Classes/F3_FLOW3.php :
>
> /**
> * @package FLOW3
> * @version $Id: F3_FLOW3.php 1707 2009-01-07 10:37:30Z k-fish $
> */

In this case, when you commit the file, it will be updated with the correct
information.

> If these are autogenerated, what should I put in my doc-block? If not,
> presumably I have to work out what the SVN version number will be
> before I commit the file and populate the line myself, which seems
> quite error-prone. I checked the PHPDoc manual but it just said that
> the @version tag allows for a string to be used "in any way you'd
> like:"

If you have a new file you can add the version tag as follows:
/**
 * @package FLOW3
 * @version $Id$
 */
When you commit that file, it will add the Id information to the version
tag.

> Hope this isn't too trivial an issue for the list!
>
> Kind regards,
> Denyer

Regards,
Peter