[TYPO3-50-general] Typo3 5 and Multilanguage-Support

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Wed Feb 11 09:58:23 CET 2009

Hi Andreas,

I'll have to keep my answer a bit short, so:

yes, we have thought about the multilanguage support in TYPO3 v5.
Because we are currently working on other parts, I'd like to postpone
this topic a bit, but here are some general ideas already:

  - there's no "default" language anymore
  - we use the CLDR for proper locale support (http://www.unicode.org/cldr/
)
  - in trees we distinguish between the structure and contents
attached to structure nodes: gives us all the flexibility of
TemplaVoila but with less complexity
  - there will be a dedicated module for translation
  - we'll support plural forms and other niceties

We haven't discussed user rights yet, but that'll surely be a topic
once we're at it.

Cheers,
robert