[TYPO3-50-general] PDF version of FLOW3 reference

Peter Beernink p.beernink at drecomm.nl
Wed Feb 11 09:07:19 CET 2009

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for you feedback.

"Christoph Blömer" <chbloemer at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
> here are my ideas:
> -the flow3 logo has bad quality maybe you could use a eps version
> (vector format) for that.

Yes, I know. I've just taken the logo used on the flow3 website for now. As
my knowledge of photoshop like programs doesn't go much further than opening
and saving I think the image would only become uglier :)

> -add more space between headings and paragraphs (page 1 looks a little
> ugly with "Chapter1. FLOW3. 1.Introduction ")

I guess that shouldn't be a problem and it can be modified in the XSL.

> -furthermore FLOW3 currently the only chapter (but it should be the
> title of the book). Introduction,FLOW3 Bootstrap, Packages etc. should
> be chapter headings.

That is something which will have to be modified in the docbook structure.
But before doing that I think I first should talk to Robert and/or Karsten
if there is a reason they put everything in one chapter.

> -Then start each chapter on a new page. with a big big headline ;-) Just
> look at your books how they do it.
Books? :)
When the above is changed, this is probably done automatically.

> -Do not indent the whole paragraphs.
> -indent only code, enummerations and listings, etc. (maybe the half of
> the current paragraph indentation)
> -Maybe indent the first line of each paragraph which follows the first
> paragraph after each heading.
> -Maybe add the main chapter title in the page header.

Good suggestions. I'll keep them in mind.

> But I don't know if that breaks with any corparate design rules of typo3.

Well, the idea of adding the logo came from looking at some extension
documentation, as I couldn't find any design rules for documentation in
specific.

> And I don't know how far the layout depends on the docbook structure.
As mentioned above, simple layout changes can be done by modifying the XLS,
but for others the docbook structure has to be changed.

> Greetings
> Christoph
>
> [...]

Greets,