[TYPO3-50-general] PDF version of FLOW3 reference

Christoph Blömer chbloemer at gmx.net
Wed Feb 11 00:03:37 CET 2009

Peter Beernink schrieb:
> Hi again,
>
> Thanks for the comments on the PDF. After some trial and error on the
> XSLT code and processors, I've managed to get most of the comments in
> there.
> The latest version can be found at [1] and is based on r1980 with some
> minor modifications for layout.
> I'll try to cleanup my XSLT working directory a bit and also add the
> used files so others can also have a go with it.
>
> Any comments? Please let me know, and I'll see if I can fit it in the
> XSLT.
>
> Greets,
> Peter
>
> [1] http://forge.typo3.org/attachments/829/FLOW3_Documentation.pdf

Hi Peter,
here are my ideas:
-the flow3 logo has bad quality maybe you could use a eps version
(vector format) for that.
-add more space between headings and paragraphs (page 1 looks a little
ugly with "Chapter1. FLOW3. 1.Introduction ")
-furthermore FLOW3 currently the only chapter (but it should be the
title of the book). Introduction,FLOW3 Bootstrap, Packages etc. should
be chapter headings.
-Then start each chapter on a new page. with a big big headline ;-) Just
look at your books how they do it.
-Do not indent the whole paragraphs.
-indent only code, enummerations and listings, etc. (maybe the half of
the current paragraph indentation)
-Maybe indent the first line of each paragraph which follows the first
paragraph after each heading.
-Maybe add the main chapter title in the page header.

But I don't know if that breaks with any corparate design rules of typo3.
And I don't know how far the layout depends on the docbook structure.

Greetings
Christoph

Like:

1.2.3 Heading
This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text.
This is text. This is text. This is text.
This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text.
This is text. This is text. This is text.
This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text.
This is text. This is text. This is text.
      This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is
text. This is text. This is text. This is
text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is
text. This is text. This is text. This is
text.This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is
text. This is text. This is text. This is
text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is text. This is
text. This is text. This is text. This is
text.
      - Listing1
      - Listing2
      - Listing1