[TYPO3-50-general] Technical concepts for TYPO3 v5 backend

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Feb 6 13:23:55 CET 2009

Denyer Ec schrieb:

> One would think that a BE that was operable in plain HTML and then
> enhanced with fancy controls would be preferable on many levels to one
> that existed only as the output of a JS library.

I'd love to see that. But I cannot imagine how it should work. Even if
you take the JS away from the current 4.x UI, it's probably not very
easy to use with a screen/braille reader. Many features and UI elements
make probably only sense when you can see them. And as the UI is quite
stuffed folks with motion disabilities will have a hard time moving the
cursor to those small click targets.

So I think that you have to rethink the whole UI to make a reasonable
workflow possible without JS. And even then it'll be hard work to
determine how a user shall make relations without pop ups to select
records etc

It is claimed that a good UI works for everyone, but IMHO a CMS is way
too complex that you can have only one interface for the seeing and the
blind.

Masi