[TYPO3-50-general] extJS Library

Nino Martincevic don at zampano.com
Fri Feb 6 09:28:36 CET 2009

Hi Thomas!

+1

Although I'm not a javascript expert I do have experience with various
JS frameworks, especially being implemented as add-ons for "rich" ui
clients (most of it being YAGNI...).

In the last project for a company we wanted to use extJS, especially the
UI guys were enthusiastic about it first.
But after a few weeks they went on using the good ole' JQuery again and
some extensions.

A comment from the leading UI developer:
"It's like wanting to write a simple note and therefore first have to
start Word 2007 and program some VBA script for being able to do it,
just to have some cool memory-greedy widgets you'll never need..."

Nino