[TYPO3-50-general] Technical concepts for TYPO3 v5 backend (was: extJS Library)

Mathias Bolt Lesniak, liliO Design mathias at lilio.com
Mon Feb 2 13:07:34 CET 2009

Hi!

I think Ext JS is a very powerful framework, but I agree that
progressive enhancement is good. Of course, as Thomas mentions in his
answer, you would mostly use it in the backend, and thus there is no
need for SEO or wide browser compatibility. At the same time, I would
love it if building front-end interfaces could be just as easy.

As you may remember, I am planning to build a graphical Interface
Builder (like in Mac OS X) at some point, to skip a lot of coding when
building a UI. This requires UI Object data and action/data binding
information to be stored in some way. TypoScript could be one, and it
would make interfaces very easy to change - with no PHP - even before
the Interface Builder comes along. The data could be interpreted as
PHP or JavaScript objects dependent on the situation.

For your meeting: I think it could be good if you consider using this
concept early on. Especially when it comes to the action/data binding
of fields to set and get functions and buttons to actions in a
TypoScript UI configuration. It could both save work and make some
powerful things possible (like changing the action for a button or a
whole UI design depending on a TypoScript condition).

Best wishes

Mathias Bolt Lesniak
LiliO Design - www.lilio.com
mathias at lilio.com