[TYPO3-50-general] FLUID and ExtJS (or other widget frameworks)

Thomas Fritz fritztho at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 20:51:43 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 8:18 PM, Timo A. Hummel <privat at timohummel.com>wrote:

> Masi,
> > Don't you have any security concerns when you have the business logic in
> > the client?
> >
> The business logic is not completely contained in the client. It's
> basically the same procedure as if you do it via MVC; the ExtJS client
> can not and should not have more control over the application flow as a
> regular MVC application.

Give us an example please.

> Of course, you have completely new
> possibilities, like client-side copy'n'paste for objects and such. It is
> not an easy task to decide which logic goes into the ExtJS client and
> which remains in the "untouchable" FLOW3 core.
>
> cheers,
> Timo

I think you talk about "User Interface Logic" and not Business Logic!?

(What happens if user clicks this div. What happens when user clicks
checkbox A but Radio B is not checked. What happens if user drops component
A on Component B. Are all obligatory form fields filled. etc... --- Thats
what i would call "UI Logic".)

Tom