[TYPO3-50-general] Evaluating FLOW3 for a new project

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Apr 9 17:42:44 CEST 2009

On Apr 9, 2009, at 10:28 AM, Martin Kutschker wrote:

> Karsten Dambekalns schrieb:
>> Hi.
>>
>> On 18.03.2009 13:53 Uhr, Martin Kutschker wrote:
>>> PS: How about creating a package that uses Mnogosearch instead of
>>> Zend's
>>> Lucene.
>>
>> We don't need (only) fulltext search, that is a problem with most
>> existing search libraries.
>
> I see. Still, maybe you can get good ideas from the implementations of
> Lucene, Mysql and PostgreSQL. I don't know about Lucene and
> Mnogosearch,

I believe that Lucine is used a lot in the CR, I never used them
myself though but
this seems to be a very powerfull combination. Magnolia uses it for
there CMS
which is used on some very impressive sites.

Both Lucene and MNO do service a different purpose though,

I believe that Lucine is used a lot in the CR, I never used them
myself though but
this seems to be a very powerfull combination. Magnolia uses it for
there CMS
which is used on some very impressive sites.

Mno is more used as a more general search engine.

FLOW3 should use Lucene IMHO...

> but PostgreSQL has some features to make a good language dependent
> full
> text search (using dictionaries, synonym lists, a theraus and
> ispell/myspell/hunspell stemming dictionaries).
>
> From SQL it's quite awkward to use ([1]), but it's tokenizer [2] and
> dictionaries [3] are quite impressive. Much better then what Mysql has
> to offer (at least in the stable versions).

I am using this myself in a multi-lingual application
where the database stored content coming in form different languages.

Searches for 'wheels' results in records that also contain wheel,
something that is very
nice to have. It's not really awkward once you know the implementation
and why it
was created in such a way.

Ries