[TYPO3-50-general] Evaluating FLOW3 for a new project

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Apr 9 17:28:45 CEST 2009

Karsten Dambekalns schrieb:
> Hi.
>
> On 18.03.2009 13:53 Uhr, Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> PS: How about creating a package that uses Mnogosearch instead of Zend's
>> Lucene.
>
> We don't need (only) fulltext search, that is a problem with most
> existing search libraries.

I see. Still, maybe you can get good ideas from the implementations of
Lucene, Mysql and PostgreSQL. I don't know about Lucene and Mnogosearch,
but PostgreSQL has some features to make a good language dependent full
text search (using dictionaries, synonym lists, a theraus and
ispell/myspell/hunspell stemming dictionaries).