[TYPO3-50-general] Beer3 - Array Syntax and View Helpers

Daniel Pšötzinger nospam at nospam.de
Thu Oct 30 09:28:32 CET 2008

Hey Sebastian

> As values, in case you want to write a string parameter, you have to
> quote it. There is _no_ parsing inside the string parameter, so you
> cannot use a variable inside a string parameter. (Example: {parameter1:
> 'this is a string with nothing parsed inside'})
> In case you want to output the contents of a variable there, use the
> following: {parameter2: post.id} - so this is as it is in JS.
> You can as well use arrays as values, so the nesting of arrays inside
> each other is easily possible.

What about accessing methods of the presentationmodel and/or the view
itself?

would this be something like:
presentationModel.displayName

and

this.renderSomethingSpecial

furthermore support for submodels vie method calls like (pseodosyntax):

<f3:foreach presentationmodel.getListItems  as listitem>
   listitem.displaySpecialLabel
</f3>

Is this planned?

> View Helpers
>
> I tried to look onto some other projects (namely grails) and wanted to
> figure out what view helpers we might need as a basis. I thus talked to
> Ingmar and Ernesto, and together we have made the list you can find at
> http://forge.typo3.org/wiki/package-beer3/View_Helpers
>
> It would be really great if you read over these things and tell me if
> something is missing, the syntax is confusing, or you would prefer one
> variant over the other (<f3:loop...> vs <f3:for...> as an example).

A default view helper "languagemarker" is missing imho.