[TYPO3-50-general] Beer3, really a good solution?

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sat Oct 25 16:23:32 CEST 2008

On Oct 25, 2008, at 8:27 AM, Sebastian Kurfürst wrote:

> Hi Ries,
>

>> I am not sure of it's different then most standard way.. XSLT sounds
>> like a standard to me.
>> But I guess what you are saying is that it's hard to understand for
>> most
>> webdesigners and PHPers that needs to create a website using F3 and
>> B3.
> Yes, exactly!
>
>>> And, besides, the language is really verbose - so you sometimes need
>>> lots of code for simple things.
>>
>> I don't think templating (the correct way) is simple.
> Definitely not - but we want to make it as easy and simple as we
> can :-)
>
>> I do have a question. is it possible to make simple IF or CASE
>> constructs
>> within the template?
> We are still thinking how to do something like this best -
> What will definitely exist is something like:
>
> <f3:if condition="some.condition.here">
>
> </f3:if>

This is how ANTS does it:

		<if>
			<equals arg1="${PERSISTENCE_JAR}" arg2="" />
			<then>
				<copy todir="build/swf/WEB-INF/classes">
					<fileset dir="classes">
						<include name="**/*" />
					</fileset>
				</copy>
			</then>
			<else>
				<jar destfile="build/swf/WEB-INF/lib/${PERSISTENCE_JAR}">
					<fileset dir="classes">
						<include name="**/*.class" />
					</fileset>
				</jar>
			</else>
		</if>

> However, we are not sure yet how to do the "else"-Part, if we need an
> "else"-Part, and how to make this really work.
>
> A "Case"-Statement could be made in a similar way:
>
> <switch condition="....">
> <case value="1">...</case>
> <case value="2">...</case>
> </switch>
>
> So - yes, there will be an "if", for example, but it will _not_ be
> part of the Language, the parser, etc.
> Instead, these constructs will be defined as View Helpers (which ship
> with Beer3/... lateron).
>
> Comments are of course welcome :-)
>
> Greets,
> Sebastian