[TYPO3-50-general] Beer3, really a good solution?

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sat Oct 25 02:13:02 CEST 2008

On Oct 24, 2008, at 3:36 PM, Ingo Renner wrote:

> Falk Kühnel wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> May i ask a blunt question: Why not use php templates?
>
> because
>
> * logic doesn't belong into the template

Having the ability to apply some logic in the templates
would be quite convenient for various reasons.

> * once having php available it will be tempting to do more than just
> echoing variables (this is an important one I'd say)

Agreed...
But sometimes quite convenient to have the object available...

> * many "Design to HTML guys" don't know php

I am not sure if this method is really great for designers, that's why
I like Templavoila so much,
although TV and B3 cannot really be compared I do wonder if TV method
can be applied to a full
template engine. Dmitry might know better.

In general I like what they are doing though...

Ries