[TYPO3-50-general] Only blank screen, no exceptions

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Mon Nov 10 10:20:54 CET 2008

Hi.

Christoph Blömer wrote:
> Calling index_dev.php still results in a blank page. The apache2
> error.log only says:
> [Sun Nov 09 13:13:35 2008] [notice] child pid 4835 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)

Ok. Not much we can, but hope it goes away with later versions of PHP or
  other involved software.

You could try disabling the error handler, see some earlier post in this
newsgroup.

> I also have a second virtual machine running which was mentioned in the
> mailing list with a preinstalled flow3. the only difference to mine is
> that its running on ubuntu 8.04. Same errors but no blank screen at
> index_dev.php

Well, that can be a huge difference regarding versions and compile
options. Segfaults can be caused by about anthing from thread safety to
moon phases.

> Seams there is a need for a Quality Plan ;-) Just kidding, but I have to
> write one in Software Quality Assurance for an existing yet not finished
> project and I picked typo3 5 bzw. flow3.
> Just as a advance warning: I have to bother some of you in the next
> weeks if the professor approves the topic. ;-)

No problem!

Regards,
Karsten