[TYPO3-50-general] Contributing to TYPO3 v5 / FLOW3: License Agreement

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Mon May 5 16:15:06 CEST 2008

Hi Martin,

Am 05.05.2008 um 14:00 schrieb Martin Kutschker:

>> as long as TYPO3 is still available under a GPL (or
>> the like) license.
>
> But what that hypothetical licence cover? Just the same code as the
> GPL
> version with the only "benefit" that it can be used in a closed-source
> environment?

We could even sell a license which doesn't allow using TYPO3 in a
closed-source
environment. That would be what I suggest: You get exactly the same code
and exactly the same rights but you pay for it.

> I guess I'm fine with such a scenario, but I don't like
> "open source" business models where the free version is some basic
> stuff
> while the real deal has to be paid for.

Yes, me neither. And you have my word that I will always vote against
such
a model - in case that it possible at all.

Cheers,
robert