[TYPO3-50-general] Contributing to TYPO3 v5 / FLOW3: License Agreement

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Mon May 5 11:48:43 CEST 2008

Hi Martin,

Am 04.05.2008 um 21:09 schrieb Martin Kutschker:

>>> the developers. But don't worry to much, I probably won't write code
>>> for 5.0. I'm just an interested bystander ;-)
>>
>> Because of the licence contract?
>
> I have to read it first. But if the contract granted the Association
> the
> right to relicence the Code into a closed-source licence I would not
> contribute.

That's not possible and of course not the intention either.

But speaking about the Association selling licenses: I as a developer
wouldn't
have any problem if the T3A sold licenses and therefore has more means
to support
the TYPO3 community as long as TYPO3 is still available under a GPL
(or the like)
license. For me it's the same as if I donated money to the FSF or a
similar
organisation: Both, FSF and T3A, are non-profit and aim to foster the
development
of Open Source Software. If I can support that spirit by providing
code, I gladly
do that.

What's your feeling about that?

robert