[TYPO3-50-general] Rebuilding Backend GUI

Peter Bartels peterbartels at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 22:15:34 CET 2008

I believe a modern framework should have the possibility to choose
which GUI layer to have. Of course, TYPO3 could not complete the
client side nor will FLOW3 do. However, it could provide stored data
and templates for creating behaviours, validations and storage.
In the MVC pattern the view is responsible for creating layouts and widgets.

Currently we still live in "a javascript" world and the coming few
years this is not likely to change. It's unknown which next generation
technologies will succeed.

I think javascript will be enhanced and it will have better
performance for at least a few years. Therefor, ExtJS and Dojo are
proven to fit in adjustables backend frameworks. ExtJs has a steep
learning curve. However, it can be used for common solutions.
Not to forget the TYPO3 backend is just a module in the FLOW3 framework.

Enjoy your easter ;)