[TYPO3-50-general] Rebuilding Backend GUI

David Bruehlmeier typo3 at bruehlmeier.com
Wed Mar 19 22:14:21 CET 2008

Hi Michael,

> Well, the main Problem with that is, that nobody (of 'us' as PHP
> Developers etc) are not used on the Syntax and Objects JavaScript is
> using.

Yes, I think that's part of the problem. But it could be solved if FLOW3
offered a view layer in PHP which wraps the underlying JavaScript
Framework such as extJS.

There seem to be initiatives in this direction:

http://ajaxian.com/archives/to-extphp-or-to-php-ext

If FLOW3 would natively support extJS as part of its view layer
(regardless of whether it's used in the backend or frontend context),
that could be a real killer feature :-)

Greetings, Dave