[TYPO3-50-general] Old names in FLOW3 code

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Tue Mar 11 22:26:29 CET 2008

Robert Lemke schrieb:

> Am 10.03.2008 um 14:00 schrieb Martin Kutschker:
>
>>> About the question "F3_" or "FLOW3_" ... yes, generally I prefer
>>> speaking names but I don't see a problem using the shortcut here.
>>> Some class like
>>> "FLOW3_FLOW3_Component_Manager" looks too ugly for me, don't you think?
>>
>> But why has the package name to repeat the top-level name space?
>> FLOW3_Component_Manager seems to be nice :-)
>
> Because FLOW3 is package itself. Currently a class name follows thise
> scheme:
>
> NamespacePrefix_PackageName_ComponentName or
> NamespacePrefix_PackageName_SubPackageName_ComponentName
>
> e.g.
>
> F3_TYPO3_Backend_Controller_Default
> F3_TYPO3_DomainModel_Page
> F3_FLOW3_Component_Manager
> F3_TypoScript_Parser
> F3_Installer_Controller_Default
>
> The "F3" is only necessary because we can't be sure that "Installer" for
> example is not already used.

I fear I still don't get the reason for the namespace prefix.  This
would look much better:

FLOW3_Component_Manager
FLOW3_FooBar
TYPO3_Backend_Controller_Default
TYPO3_DomainModel_Page
T3EXT_FooBar
XXX_TypoScript_Parser *

I don't think that it would matter what FLOW3 components are a package
themselves. You still need code to bootstrap the first FLOW3 package
that will load the others.

Masi

* "Prefixed" with XXX: because I don't know where this would belong to.
Is this part of TYPO3 or part of another layer, say FOOBAR3, of
API/framework. That is I'm a fan of API layers that can be combined to
build stuff. Eg FLOW3 - basic stuff, DB3 - a DBAL/ADOdb/PEAR:DB -
replacement, TEE3 - s Smarty/TS-Template replacement. The latter all
depend on FLOW3 (but bot vice versa). But TYPO3 would require all of
them plus the CR stuff