[TYPO3-50-general] Rebuilding Backend GUI

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun Mar 9 10:56:26 CET 2008

Peter Bartels schrieb:
> This is what ExtJS says:
>
> Open Source License
>
> Ext is also available under the terms of the Open Source LGPL 3.0
> license.  You may use our open source license terms if you:
> - Want to use Ext in an open source project that precludes using
> non-open source software
> - Plan to use Ext in a personal, educational or non-profit manner
> - Are using Ext in a commercial application that is not a software
> development library or toolkit, you will meet LGPL requirements and
> you do not wish to support the project

I don't think they can make *any* demands. The LGPL is a very liberal
licence, so it doesn't make any difference if your new code is another
library or not. Perhaps Ext JS, LLC doen't like it, but then they
shouldn't have chosen LGPL.

That said I woudn't like to see such code neither in 4.x nor in 5.x.
This is no true open source spirit.

Masi