[TYPO3-50-general] Old names in FLOW3 code

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sat Mar 8 17:10:34 CET 2008

Robert Lemke schrieb:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Am 29.02.2008 um 13:54 schrieb Martin Kutschker:
>
>> Sidenote: Shouldn't be the T3_ prefix be dropped as well? If FLOW3 is
>> to be
>> an all purpose framework TYPO3 related "namespaces" have no place. I can
>> image that this will alienate non-TYPO3 developers. At least they'd fear
>> that they get tons of only TYPO3-related stuff when they use FLOW3. Or
>> even
>> worse they might feel that their apps could break because the TYPO3 5.x
>> devs changed FLOW3 to accomodate for some change in TYPO3. I trust you
>> that
>> all that won't happen (after the FLOW3 1.0 final is shipped), but some
>> others may not.
>
> I partly agree. But the problem is that we do need a top level namespace
> - just using the package name is not possible. And if everybody could choose
> their own top-level namespace, that would severily harm performance (eg. of

Aha.

But what does this mean if I want to use/extend the framework for my own
application? Do I have to stick to just one top-level namespace for my
own code?

I assumed that I could use T3_/F3_ (or better FLOW3_) along with MYAPP_
names. You have probably discussed the names of top-level namespaces,
but longer names like FLOW3 or TYPO3 are nice than F3 and T3. And you
seem to prefer "speaking" anyway.

Masi