[TYPO3-50-general] Coding Guidelines - Closing ?>

Michael Feinbier typo3 at feinbier.net
Thu Mar 6 20:00:23 CET 2008

Hi everybody,

Maybe the discussion on the coding guidelines is closed, but I have a
small addition to that and want to start a small discussion about it.

The coding-guidelines of the Zend Framework [1] include an interesting
part about the closing PHP-Tag ?>

"For files that contain only PHP code, the closing tag ("?>") is never
permitted. It is not required by PHP. Not including it prevents trailing
whitespace from being accidentally injected into the output."

I like this principle and already apply it on my projects.

What do you think about that? Is it worth to change/add this rule to the
coding guidelines?

kind regards
michael

[1]
http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/coding-standard.php-file-formatting.html

--
kind regards from Bielefeld

Michael

Error 404: The city you are looking for doesn't exist.
http://www.denkweite.de | http://www.feinbier.net