[TYPO3-50-general] FLOW3 feedback

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 07:24:52 CEST 2008

Hello all!

Just watched Robert's "Hello FLOW3!" podcast and must say I am
prettyimpressed! It looks like it's shaping up nicely!

There are, however, a few things that slightly bother me:

1. Views are PHP

It would be much more intuitive to implement views as HTML or
potentially other formats. It doesn't make much of a difference for me
to write return "Hello World!" in the controller instead of return
"Hello World!" in the render method of the view class, besides
theseparation. Returning HTML inside PHP is a big pain.

2. default controllers

I think the default controller should be somehow determined by the
routing instead of the naming of the class. That way, if I decide that
my movie_collection controller should replace my movie controller as
the default, I just have to change routes instead of controller
filenames and class names.

3. more command line, please :)

This may or may not be an issue, but as it is with PHPUnit now in v4
and was demonstrated in the podcast by going to the /testing/ path of
FLOW3 inside the browser, running unit tests in a browser may
bepretty, but very inconvenient. I hope that unit tests can be easily
run from the command line.

4. generators!

More a suggestion than anything, and probably something that is
already planned: Generating controllers and stuff automatically
withsome script instead of manually creating files and folders.

Keep up the good work! I am looking forward to getting a little
moreinto FLOW3 in the coming months!

Christoph

--
I'm using an evaluation license of nemo since 379 days.
You should really try it!