[TYPO3-50-general] Naming conventions for user-level settings

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Wed Jun 11 15:44:36 CEST 2008

Hi Jochen,

Am 21.05.2008 um 14:16 schrieb Jochen Rau:

> Hi,
>
> AFAIK the recommended place to overrule user-level settings is the
> global "TYPO3/Configuration/Settings.php" because
> "TYPO3/Packages/MyPackage/Configuration/Settings.php" should not be
> touched.
>
> Will there be any FLOW3 naming conventions for user-level Settings?

There should be conventions, but we don't have any yet.

> IMO there should be some naming conventions like
>
> $c->MyPackage->MyComponent->mySpecialSetting = 'Hello World!';
>
> (like the good old plugin.tx_myextension.view.mysetting = Hello
> World! ;-) )
>
> instead of
>
> $c->mySpecialSetting = 'MyValue';

yes, sure.

However, we should make up some more rules for

  - settings which are shared by multiple subpackages
  - names for commond settings which reocurr every now and then

Feel free to start noting down some ideas in the TYPO3 v5 doc team
wiki (yet empty):

http://forge.typo3.org/wiki/typo3v5-documentation

robert