[TYPO3-50-general] Discussion to CodingStandards

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Mon Jan 14 09:50:55 CET 2008

Hi Tim,

Am 13.01.2008 um 16:23 schrieb Tim Eilers:

> i would kindly ask you to take a view on that wiki page. I have
> pointed
> out some open questions which should get answered. Thanks!

I will do that as soon as possible!

> Another open question i would like to point out in this post:
>
> You defined the rule that you have to declare the encoding in the
> top of
> every file. I didn't find much to that (php manual only says that
> "ticks" can be defined...).
> But "encoding" is recognized as a constant and must therefore be
> written
> in uppercase. will the php 6 (or 5.3) charset things still work if
> it is
> written uppercase?

"encoding" is no constant in that sense. It will be only supported by
PHP6
and as far as I have seen, it must be lowercase:

    declare(encoding = 'utf-8');

I don't have a working PHP6 installation at hand right now, but if
someone
tries if "ENCODING" works as well, I don't mind if we write it
uppercase.

robert
--
http://typo3.org/gimmefive