[TYPO3-50-general] TYPO3CGL package

Sebastian Kurfuerst sebastian at typo3.org
Wed Feb 13 08:36:25 CET 2008

Hey Tim,

>> Then we'll have to find a way to include it into the
>> Forge modules - that's a subject you'd have to talk with Martin Herr and
>> Sebastian Kurfürst. The idea is that there's a new module "Metrics" for
>> each project in Forge which has sub tabs for CGL compliance, test
>> results, code coverage etc.
>>

> how should we do that? are they reading here also? *wave* or is there a
> own forge mailing list?

Reading here... ;-) I am currently in my examination period, so my time
for typo3 is a bit limited... However, I'll do my best to get everything
working as soon as possible - and to integrate the sniffs to forge.
How do the "sniffing" scripts work? Is the result of the sniff a HTML
page, or is the sniffing a two-step process? (Sniffing -> XML result
data -> HTML)

I'm planning to run the unit tests of a package not on forge.typo3.org,
due to security concerns, but run them on a seperate testing server
instead. The results will then be transferred as XML back to forge, and
then rendered to HTML.
So, I'm still thinking whether the sniffs should be run on the testing
server, or on forge itself... Any opinions?

Greets,
Sebastian