[TYPO3-50-general] TYPO3CGL package

Tim Eilers tim.eilers at web.de
Tue Feb 12 23:36:16 CET 2008

Robert Lemke schrieb:
> I just created a new project for you (TYPO3CGL) and added a directory to
> the subversion repository. You should be able to login with your
> typo3.org account and upload your package. You also have full access in
> Redmine to your own project.

perfect, thanks for that. looks fine!

> I sugesst that you upload your code to SVN, so I can get a firt
> impression of it.

Malte and i will wait some days with that. I want to finish a Sniff i am
 working on, to get a clean state and Malte wants to refactor some code
after before commiting it...

> Then we'll have to find a way to include it into the
> Forge modules - that's a subject you'd have to talk with Martin Herr and
> Sebastian Kurfürst. The idea is that there's a new module "Metrics" for
> each project in Forge which has sub tabs for CGL compliance, test
> results, code coverage etc.

how should we do that? are they reading here also? *wave* or is there a
own forge mailing list?

> About getting your data from the old wiki: I don't know if he's got the
> time, but Sebastian would be the best guy to help you with that. Please
> open a new ticket in the forge.typo3.org project and describe what
> information you want to have transferred.

the old wiki seems to be open again. Malte made huge work to convert it
into feature tickets. thanks Malte!!!

> Finally some general thing about the TYPO3CGL Package. Now that we
> released the FLOW3 brand and it's clear that the package system and all
> other infrastructure for TYPO3 v5 is technically FLOW3, I wonder if it
> made sense to rename your package to "FLOW3CGL". Of course that's not
> just a technical decision - you can see it from two sides: We adhere to
> the FLOW3 CGLs for TYPO3 v5 or we use the TYPO3 v5 CGLs for FLOW3.
>
> What do you (all) think about that?

-> see my other mail. my ACK for FLOW3CGL

> Same goes for the "T3_" class prefix. Use "F3_" instead? Would be
> strange though.
> If we'd be really and honestly open, we should skip the prefix
> alltogether and allow "ez_" or "MyCompany_" as well. But that's yet
> another discussion.

and a huge discussion... on the one hand you make a very open framework,
on the other hand you lose some cleanness then.
what about this: use "F3_" prefix as a standard. if someone wants to use
the framework for another use than TYPO3, he can create his own package
and call it what he wants. so it would be F3_MyCompany_
?

cheers, tim.