[TYPO3-50-general] Locale representation in folder Meta/Documentation/Manual

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Tue Apr 22 12:12:36 CEST 2008

David Bruehlmeier schrieb:

>>> I suggest that the "standard" folder for english documentation is
>>> "en", without TerritoryCode (IMO it doesn't matter if the
>>> documentation is in British or American English, as long as it's
>>> there and it's English).
>>
>> As the spelling is different I suggest to use one of them and not
>> mingle them arbitrarily. I'd choose the British spelling as TYPO3 is
>> more centered around Europe.
>
> Fine with me.

Maybe some native speakers can decide if it really makes a difference for
them. Maybe you can mae an auto-conversion with a dictionary. Simply change
all aoccurences of colour to color etc :-)

>> PS: For any German documentation I suggest de_DE and the Neue Deutsche
>> Rechtschreibung (not that Swiss stuff without an ß that we have now).
>
> Oh, and I was hoping FLOW3 documentation would finally spark the world
> domination of de_CH with its easy-to-use alphabet, fully free of ß and
> other Greek letters... :-)
>
> Greetings, Dave (Swiss)

Touche :-)

BTW, I idea I had right now configuring a TYPO3 4.x plugin. It had some
LL_informal label names. Maybe this informal thingy can be done with custom
locales eg de_CH at informal. So there doesn't need to be an extra layer of
label resolving for that purpose in the FE.

Masi